These chocolate chip cookies have oats in them which makes them extra chewy!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- I pulsed my oats in the food processor to break up the oats a bit, like a rough flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 oz chopped chocolate
- I like to use bittersweet chocolate. I am also a big fan of a nice gooey chocolate bite in my cookies so I leave some bigger chunks of chopped chocolate.
- If you have not processed the oats; Pulse the oats in the food processor and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the eggs (one at a time) and the extracts; mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture and fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 8 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.