Quinoa is a supergrain that is very high in fiber and protein. Quinoa is one of few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. In our house, it is a staple and goes with just about everything. The main thing you want to remember when cooking quinoa is that it has a 2:1 ratio with water. For every cup of Quinoa, you will have two cups of water.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer.
- Next, add the cleaned quinoa to the small pot with 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa.
- Bring to a boil.
- Take temperature down to a simmer and cook uncovered 10 to 20 minutes, depending on size.
- When all the water has evaporated remove from heat and cover and leave for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and enjoy.