I love pie dough and all the things that can be made with pie dough. I have been using the same sweet dough for a while with good results in a variety of applications.
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 3 Tbls granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c cold butter
- 1/4 c ice water, plus more if needed
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- additional sugar
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Using fingers or a pastry cutter, add the cold butter to the flour and combine until the flour is course with pea-sized crumbs.
- Add 1/4 cup ice water and combine. Add more water if needed to create a dough that comes together.
- Briefly knead the dough to fully combine and transfer to plastic wrap.
- Pat the dough into a disk and cover with the plastic wrap. Let chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough and use as needed for your end product. Brush a beaten egg over the crust and sprinkle with sugar before baking
- Bake according to your final products recipe.