Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies & Mini Muffins
Whenever I make a big batch of cookies, I like to experiment with different shapes or baking pans to see how it changes the end product.
This recipe is for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, using the fresh roasted pumpkin puree from our last post. The muffins are the same dough, scooped into a mini cupcake tin.
The cookies have a slight crunch to the edge and a nice soft crumb inside. The muffins have a delicate moist crumb.
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 c dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c mini semisweet chocolate chip cookies
- Combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla extract
- Add to the flour mixture until a dough is formed. Add in the mini chocolate chips and mix to combine
- Using a 0.5 oz scoop, scoop cookie dough on to a parchment lined cookie tray
- Scoop the remaining dough into the cavity of a buttered mini cupcake tin
- Bake at 375F until the edges are golden brown, about 10 minutes.