Today, we have Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes for you to enjoy. If you're looking for a more hearty pancake, then this is the recipe for you. You could add more sugar to make it sweeter if you prefer it that way. You can take the blueberries out of the recipe or add in a different fruit.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-2 cups fresh blueberries (preference)
- syrup of your choice, to serve
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cornmeal, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs and 2 tablespoons of melted butter together.
- Mix the 2nd bowl into the 1st bowl-dry mixture until it forms a batter.
- Once completely smooth, fold in the blueberries careful not to crush in the process.
- Use a skillet and brush some of the remaining butter on using medium-heat.
- Make sure to let the skillet have time to heat up before cooking.
- Pancake size is based on preference.
- The first side will usually take 1-2 minutes to cook until bubbles are forming on top.
- Turn pancake and cook until golden brown.
- Plate and Enjoy.